Monday, April 4, 2011

Aliens vs Zombies

I have finally gotten around to watching the Aliens movies. The alien species itself is quite strange to me, given the fact their parasitic growth cycle is just as dependent on killing humans as Zombies are infecting people. While watching "Aliens" I actually had the thought of "I wonder what an Aliens vs Zombies" movie would turn out like. Can aliens be zombi-fied? Do aliens prefer raw fresh flesh, or if it is still moving they will try to use the zombies just like humans?

Face huggers are just as bad as any Zombie virus. And the fact they can move around so well and jump out at you has its own level of creepiness to it. Just taking a walk in the park and then BAM! Face hugger downs you. This is very similar to walking through the park, and BAM! Zombie tackles and bites you.

In both cases a few hours from now you will be dead (or undead) and release a creature that is deadly to others, either the parasite from the alien or you become a zombie.

Would full grown aliens kidnap zombies for hosting the baby aliens from the face huggers? I guess it is a question of how fresh they need the meat to be. Humans are just cattle in this case. Is this like selecting between Long horn or dairy cow?

In either case I can make it through Aliens, not so much a zombie movie.

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget watching the first "Alien" movie many years ago in Houston. The next day my friend and I drove by the theater, and at the same time looked at one another and said, "it's in there!" Did you get to choose today's ad on your blog? Plants VS Zombies? Not a game I would be particularly interested in playing, but it got me thinking about "Day of the Triffids" and wondering how the zombies would do VS the triffids. My bet is on the triffids. They might be halted by fire, but aren't zombies afraid of fire? The triffids were pretty scary, especially since all but a few remaining humans were blind. If you're interested, the book is actually better than the movie (tho I watch that at every opportunity - not lately).

    ReplyDelete