Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Headphone Paranoia

I occasionally suffer from a few of using headphones. This is not some new phobia – it is based on the idea that when I use my noise cancelling headphones (that I love oh so much) that I can’t hear much of anything else. I mean, that is the point of noise cancelling headphones – but it scares me that I can’t hear someone or something (or a damn zombie) coming up behind me to take a bite out of me.

 

So as much as I enjoy my music – it many times comes with a distinct terror that I can’t hear anything coming after me. If I am lucky the zombies are not already in my home, or my office building and I will perhaps hear screams of their first victims over the ramblings of my playlist through music land. At times when I am alone – I pretty much will have to write myself off – or I just listen using one headphone off. That option does make the modern stereo sound system kind of suck since I lose half of the sound.

 

I guess I will just continue to live with me fear since I can’t really give up my headphone usage – especially at work. That or I will need to develop a solid perimeter alarm system – that shouldn’t be too difficult right?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment