Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lingering Doubts

The days after a night filled with Zombie Madness inside my head continues to have little “echoes” of strangeness bouncing around.

 

One example – why must I keep my toes covered to protect against zombies? I am thinking this may actually be a lingering fear that Toe-Fairies might be around. It is not that toe-Fairies or Zombies hang out – it is just that my mental defense against fears must be lowered at these times.

 

Second – All locks must be repeatedly checked and rechecked to insure they are secure. This also means I try to have one piece of heavy furniture per door or window to slow down the incoming horde. How I intend to block all the entrances quickly when I am the only person in the home able to move things around I don’t know.

 

Third – Why do I need to know how I will sequester my family in the loft in event that the perimeter is breached? I actually have thought out the most effective method of getting my family to the proverbial “high ground”. I will neither confirm nor deny the presence of defensive machinery in the home.

 

Fourth – Why do I spend hours trying to develop a perimeter security system for a cabin I have not even built yet? I am trying to determine how I can secure an acre to 5 acre lot against a horde of undead so I can live comfortably inside without their interrupting me. So far I am trying to determine how to use a dead-mans weight system to make this work, though digging the trench for 10 foot tall perimeter fencing seems like a lot of work (and the whole expanding razor wire system is another discussion).

 

There are days I hate my mind (but very few where I really do).

No comments:

Post a Comment